Love for Allah or for duniya??


🌸 Sayyida Rabia al-Adawiya (Rahmatullahi alaihi)
She started her journey towards Makkah with the intention of Hajj. 
There was a person along the way who claimed he had good deeds, ishq, and taqwa. 
He said to her, 'O servant of Allah, O wali'Allah, o mukarrama, I've fallen in love with you'. When Rabia al-Adawiya heard this, she stopped and turned around and faced the man. 
She said, 'I have a sister who is much more beautiful and prettier than me'. The man kept looking at her. 
Rabia Basri said, 'She really is extremely beautiful and right now she is standing right behind you'. Immediately the man turned around to see her sister. 
Rabia al-Adawiya slapped him on his face real hard and said, 'You're such a fool. 
You said you loved me and within seconds you turned around to see someone prettier. 
You just proved yourself how true your love really is. 
If it was true, then even if there really were a million beautiful women standing behind you, you would still be looking at me and not turn around to see them. 
What it really proved here is that you're after this material world. 
You're looking for a pretty face, just as much as you are looking for dunya. 
Rabia has no love and no relation with you.'
The man's face turned sad and depressed. 
He said, 'In my entire life I've only fallen in love with one person. 
And that one slapped since I turned around and failed her test. 
If that's the case with this pious lady, then what is going to happen to those who claim that they love Allah ﷻ and turn around to run after dunya?' یا رسول اللہ ﷺ انظر حالنا 
الصلاة والسلام عليك يا رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم 💕 
-AmbivertSyed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My family's love, a distant song...

Have the courage to let go...